Friday 17 July 2009

pink elephants

I have started my first Amigurumi animal three days ago. I picked the pink elephant from the book "amigurumi world - siriously cute crochet" by Ana Paula Rimoli. I bought this to make some toys for Lucy and because I think Amigurumi IS seriously cute.


At first it was much harder than I thought it would be. I never crocheted in rounds before and never decreased stitches. So it was all pretty new to me and nearly like learning crochet all over again. But after a couple of goes I eventually got the hang of it. And once you get started it isn't that difficult...honestly.

I got as far as the head of the elephant, but she only has one ear at the moment. The second one is the next stage. Still, I thought I would share the progress.


Lucy pointed at the elephant in the book yesterday and laughed. So I can only hope she will like her and enjoy playing with her.

Tomorrow I will hopefully have one of those rare afternoons alone with my husband. We are planning to go to the movies to see the new Harry Potter film. I love Harry Potter and have read all the books twice. I never enjoyed the movies as much as the books as I like all the little details which they have to leave out in the films. I think they make the story. But I am still looking forward to it.

2 comments:

HappySquirrel said...

Those animals are just adorable. You are very brave to try something so complex as that if you haven't done it before. They do look very well done. Enjoy Harry Potter. I am hoping to go one of these days. Happy weekend and hope to see the elephant complete soon.

dragonfly said...

I have that book too! I've made a few from there and once you get used to going round and round, it soon becomes easier. I've just posted about downsizing them even further - seriously tricky, but oh-so-cute!