Thursday 18 June 2009

My new passion

A few months ago I developed a real crush on crochet. I secretly 9I guess everybody will know now) blame my sister-in-law as she told me she was gonna join a crochet class. I was just in the process of trying to learn to knit....well I had to face the truth: it was just not gonna happen. So I gave crochet a try and fell head over heels in love. I am still a beginner I would say but I have always been a quick learner.

Friends of ours were expecting a baby at the end of May and I had been really looking forward to this baby as this was the last friend of my husbands who did not have any children yet. Rather exciting and certainly an occasion to give something handmade rather than the ty[ical baby clothes or the 20th cuddly toy. So I decided to crochet a baby blanket!!! It is not quite finished yet as I will still need another 9 squares and then sew it together and give it a nice border but this is the result so far:



This is what it will look like together:





1 comment:

Melissa said...

That blanket is so pretty! It looks very difficult - how does it compare to a granny square blanket to make, and where did you get the pattern from?