Wednesday 17 February 2010

Birthday blanket

I have been working nearly non-stop on the granny square blanket for Lucy. Her birthday is on Monday. My baby is turning two and I cannot believe it. So this blanket is meant to be special. A real token of my unconditional love. Sorry ;)



I have all the squares done and blocked. I always thought that blocking was a hideous unnecessary task that I rather wanted to avoid. But after talking to a good friend (you know who you are ;) I decided to give it a go. And OMG the result is fantastic and the actual preparations aren't that bad.

So, the layout is all sorted and organised into rows.








I have actualy already joined all the squares but haven't taken any photographs yet. I am working on the border at the moment and am hoping to show you the result by Saturday. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

em said...

lovely colours, would like to see the finished article. well done. and happy birthday to your daughter.x