Sunday 23 August 2009

A trip to the zoo




Yesterday we spent the afternoon in the zoo. It's only a small private zoo called 'Noah's Ark' in Braunschweig in the north of Germany. It's very nice and child friendly.

Usualy I am not a big fan of zoos. As I am a great animal lover and also a vegetarian I don't believe in keeping wild animals locked up. But I have to admit that now -as a mum- I think it's a nice way to teach Lucy about different animals and to show her the great variety on our planet.

We were rather lucky as they had just three new tiger cups.



They were very cute and kept annoying their father who was lying against the fence trying to sleep.



Rather like human children they tried to get his attention in all sort of ways.



The pictures aren't that great as the battery of my camera died and all I had left was my iPhone. It's ok, too but it has no zoom.

The only bad thing about the trip was that Lucy had her first bad fall towards the end. She tripped over the root of a tree that ran across the path. She hit her head on the ground and it looked like it was nearly split open. It was a shock for both of us. Luckily I had some arnica with me which speeds up the healing process and reduces the pain. Today it's only a little bruise.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments: