Saturday 29 August 2009

My last post for now




After the greet response of my last post I thought I give you some more of my beautiful country.

A few days ago I took Lucy to a playground, which is located in a very near by park. It is a very nice playground and to me quite typical for Germany. Huge sand pits with climbing frames in the shape of pirate ships, swings and baby swings, slides and kind of rocking horses on massive springs in the shape of horses, lions and motorbikes. All of this is surrounded by beautiful green trees which give some shade so that even the smallest can play in the sand.








I love trees. When I was young I used to paint trees all the time and in nearly all of my paintings. In primary school we used to have a lot of trees and bushes around the outside space of the school. Inside the bushes was a hiddden world that only us children had access to. There were paths created by us children and little dens in which we used to play. There was one very big (or maybe we were so small ;) tree that looked very old to us. It's roots were huge and dug their way into the ground. Us girls made it our task to protect this tree and to care for it. We even gave it a name. While the boys came with sticks and hit it whenever they got a chance.

I think this carding created this love for trees in me. I especially like wheeping willows. There was a very nice example at the playground.










This is my last post for a while. I am going to visit other family members from tomorrow on where I won't have much Internet access. I will be back home on the 7th and hopefully you will hear from me again on the 8th or the 9th.

Have a good time until then and don't forget me ;)

-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Louise said...

Thank you for the lovely photos again. The playground looks like a fun place for children to run and play and use their imagination. I remember creating 'cubby' houses in the trees and bushes of the playground at our school when I was a litle girl in Australia. It was like our own magical world. I hope you have a great time visiting with your family.