Tuesday 30 June 2009

Happy crocheting and my love for greens...

So, I have started the Rainbow Blanket by Carina yesterday evening and I have to say I am very pleased with myself. I have already done one whole round of the colour sequence and started on the next round. This means of course (so far) that Carina's pattern is very easy to read and understand, but to me it also shows that my crocheting skills are getting better and better. It didn't take me very long to get the hang of the granny square. I know it is very simple but I am a complete crochet beginner.





I just love the colours. They cheer me up. especially the lime green. Green is my favourite colour for many years now and I could just surround myself with it at all times. But all kind of olive and lime greens are the best. They make me happy. I would love to own lots of that yarn. I guess I have to keep an eye out for something similar in Germany the next time I am going over ;)

The one really good thing about crocheting is that it started to give me ideas of things that I could crochet without using a pattern or somebody else's ideas. This means essentially that I can sell these things in my etsy shop that is all set up but unfortunately very empty. Fingers crossed I will get started on these ideas after finishing the Rainbow Blanket.

No comments: