Wednesday 22 September 2010

Lucy's New Room

The move has finally happened! Lucy has moved int her new bedroom two weeks ago.

I think I mentioned it before, but my pregnancy brain is like a sieve at the moment and I have not enough energy to read through all my previous posts, so here goes again: Due to the birth of our second child in November, we decided to move Lucy into a different room and use her old room as the nursery again. So, the plan was, to give her a whole new, very grown up big girl's room. Since April, i have spent time on decorating the room. Several trips to IKEA have taken place by me and my husband and it seems like endless afternoons of painting. With a toddler, who wants to be involved in everything and help all the time, I only ever got an hour here and there. Therefore the painting process of the trees was the longest of the whole decorating.

I am very pleased with the outcome. The trees are slightly wonky and I think over the years there will be more things added. But for now it does the job. Lucy likes it and has settled in well. It probably helped that she has slept in her bed already since March and was therefore in a safe and familiar environment. Anyway, you can make up your own mind:







Just for a small update: I have now only 8 1/2 weeks left till due date. i am fed up, sore and tired. My back is sore, and lately my legs are killing me also. i am not comfortable at night anymore either. On nearly a daily basis I feel very lonely and emotional. I am strongly hoping for this baby to come a little bit earlier. But hey, I don't want to just moan all the time. I am glad all went well so far!

No comments: